For first time parents, the arrival of their newborn baby comes with a lot of excitement and a little nervousness. The newborn babies are so delicate and fragile, but their abilities will surprise you more than anything. Many new parents think their babies cannot understand anything but they are very smart.
New born babies can do the following surprising things which you might don’t know:
- Most of the parents know babies can hear you even before they born. The fetus starts to react to the sound since the 24th week of the pregnancy. They are also smart enough to distinguish mother’s voice within a week.
- The Newborn babies do not cry. You must be thinking that’s not true, but tears cannot be created in newborn babies for about three weeks. They howl and scream for their needs.
- Baby will know the smell of the mother. The scent of mother’s body helps them distinguish mother from other people.
- Don’t think that babies will not understand what you are doing. From the very first day they are observing you. They try to copy the way you are doing things.
- The newborn babies can eat as much as they want without getting fat because they have “brown fat” in their body. The research shows “brown fat” can burn the calories at incredible speed. It also helps to keep the babies warm when the temperature drops.
- They can distinguish the taste of food at an early stage when they start eating after 6 months. For their favorite food, it doesn’t take much time to feed them and vice versa.
- The babies are smart enough to figure out “who is the boss?” They even know how to get things done with crying until they don’t start speaking.
- The Newborns have a very good grip which is called the Monkey strength grip. When baby wraps tiny fingers around parent’s finger, they will not let it go until they want to.
- The babies can easily distinguish between the mother tongue and a foreign language. One of the tests conducted on the babies in the USA. The videotape with no sound has played in English and a French, but babies showed more interest in French tap rather than English.
- In first three months of the baby, they can only see things that are eight or nine inches away from them. This much distance is good enough to see mother’s face when she is holding and feeding the baby. It also helps the baby to focus on his hands and the rest of the body.